Friday 16 March 2012

Inspiration

Some influential imagery i've stumbled across lately, and some classic stuff that has always amazed me...

Julie Morstad




Jennifer Tong


Gustav Klimt

Potentially my favourite artist that has ever existed, his paintings are so beautiful with the use of shape and  colour and I find the unique intricate approach fascinating. Klimt is simply divine! I think it is important to still look at the classics as opposed to just researching contemporary art because these original pieces were the influence for many works and movements that followed.


Water Serpents II


The Kiss



Mother and Child



Tree of Life


Danae



Schloss Kammer at Lake Atter I



2 comments:

  1. Love Klimt! Great artist to be inspired by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klimt is my fave artist of all time too :) Great minds Olivia :P xx

    ReplyDelete