Friday 10 February 2012

Final Major Project

I'm a month into my final project, for this I am focusing on creating a children's book (of course!) which focuses on morals and teaching children about the changes and transformations in life. Anthropomorphism is often present in children's books to make the impact of a sensitive issue less powerful, I am going to tell my tale through a boy and his found insects and focus on the relationship between children and their precious pets or toys and how they can cope with loss or a fear of this.

The story is also inspired by my brother who when we were younger collected bugs and had adventures with them until one day, his favourite one died...a woodlouse named Frankly Tickles. This is what the story is about, I am going to write and illustrate it and hopefully make some merchandise to accompany the book as products that could be sold alongside or to help promote it.

The age range i am aiming the book at is the 6-9 category. This enables me to write a children's book which is focusing on the importance of the illustrations to help tell the story and add interesting little subtle activities which will create interest in the child reading it. It also means that the story itself is equally as important as the imagery which leads the reader through the book.

For now I shall say no more as I do not want to ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment